Sunday, March 31, 2013

Anytime Potatoes (Hash brown casserole)

When I made the decision to do "Brinner" for Easter, my family and I sat around in my parents' living room discussing my ideas on what I planned to have. We chatted about a variety of options and then I was informed that I would be making this hash brown casserole. Apparently, everyone in the royal family had already tasted the amazingness of this dish, and so there were no ifs, ands, or buts about it. When my mother handed me the little piece of paper with the recipe on it, I 100% agreed. 

Now that I've made it, and eaten it, and enjoyed it, I am sold that these truly are "anytime" potatoes. 

The Recipe
Recipe courtesy of: my mother

Ingredients:
40 oz frozen shredded hash browns
1/3 cup chopped onions
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 (10 3/4 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
  2. In a 13x9 baking dish (sprayed with cooking spray) combine hash browns, onion, cheese, salt and pepper. 
  3. In a small saucepan, heat soup and butter together until butter melts. Pour over potato mixture and mix well. 
  4. Bake on top oven rack for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment